Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Two Faces of Snappy

The cute side: When the bye-bye song* from It's a Big Big World comes on, she twirls. Cute. If she's in a good mood, she'll do it if you just sing it. Cute! Cute!

Not Cute: At 20 months, she is fully aware of the capabilities of TiVo (come on...she's not 19 months anymore) and demands that I replay the bye-bye song over and over and over and...over and she likes to watch the 4th and 5th viewing upside down. Damn you Snook you giant stoner sloth!

The cute side: When Snappy comes across something she likes or thinks is cute, she reacts to it much the way she reacts to the apex of all things cute and likable: Ralph the big fat growly hissy cat who thinks she is the antichrist. So yeah, she hugs and kisses and offers imaginary treats to all sorts of things; dogs, babies, stuffed animals, her dolly, Cookie Monster, Daddy's tummy, the laptop, Mommy's kitty cat earrings, pictures of cats, babies, doggies and duckies, her pink cowboy boots, her pajamas, and most recently mom's ring. When a baby kisses your ring, it's not just cute...it's hilarious. Everytime she does it, I say "Yes, kiss my ring because I am Pope of the apartment."

Not quite so cute: Last night she was watching The Colbert Report with me and her Auntie...when all of a sudden, she wanted somthing and she wanted it NOW!!!

"What? What? What? What? Oh. Stephen Colbert said the word "Pope" and now you have to kiss mommy's ring? Sure. Here you go." Okay. So it was kind of cute.

The OUTRAGEOUSLY cute side: Snappy in general and all the Snaptastic things she does.

The Not Cute at All Side: She hates to sleep, but gets very grouchy and tantrumy when she is tired. As does mom.

Even Less Cute: She has figured out the stove guard and has used this info to nearly burn the house down See pic.




*The world keeps spinning round and round it's true/We've had our time and now it's through/but you and I forever will be friends/we'll try to touch the sky where clouds never end/and you and I together in a Big Big World/we'll try to touch the sky in a Big Big World/ And we'll look for wonder all around/ and you'll find me hanging upside down/ you have to go I know it it's time/ so give me five/ this whole world is yours and mine

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think she's amazingly cute, even when Daddy has to put out the fire.

Smurf said...

"Give me five?" This is what we're teaching our children? Don't they know the proper terminology is "smack me five?"

Nicole Bongard said...

Wait... that's not really your stove, is it? This story might be better than the story about Z scuba diving at Chrissy Field yesterday...

Anonymous said...

"Smack me five"? Heather, don't you mean "slap" me five?

Unknown said...

Oh yes. That is our stove...right after The Incident!

Julie said...

Ack...now I've got the song stuck in my head!